General Mental Health
ECHO Ontario Mental Health aims to help healthcare providers build capacity in the treatment and management of mental health and addictions.
The project works to empower healthcare providers to use evidence-based best practices to reduce the need for specialist visits,
improving the quality of care for patients seeking treatment for mental health, addiction, and related disorders in Ontario’s primary care settings.
Location: Zoom Videoconferencing
Time: 2:00PM to 4:00PM EST
Length: 20 Sessions (Oct 2022 – Mar 2023)
When: Tuesday Afternoons (Weekly)
Target Audience: Healthcare Providers
To view curriculum content, please click on the toggle button below.
Below is a list of curriculum topics that are often featured in this program.
- Adverse Childhood Experiences and Trauma-Informed Care
- Case Formulation
- Suicide Risk Assessment for Children and Youth
- Mental Health and COVID-19
- Principles of Attachment
- Collaborating Around Treatment Planning
- Anxiety Disorders
- Assessment of PTSD
- Endocrine Disorders and Mental Health
- Introduction to CBT
- Personality Disorders: Cluster B
- Developmental Disabilities 101
- Introduction to DBT
- Management of PTSD
- First Episode Psychosis
- Long COVID
- Management of Adult Psychosis
- Youth Depression
- Assessment of Bipolar Disorder
- Management of Bipolar Disorder
- Rational Polypharmacy
- Women’s Mental Health Across the Lifespan
- Dementia – Screening and Diagnosis
- Gambling and Technology
- Gender Development
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Strategies for Engaging Patients
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
If you have questions, click on the button below to contact us.
Welcome, Introduction, and Announcements – 15 minutes
Didactic Presentation – 30 minutes
Case Discussion – 60 minutes
Session Wrap-Up – 15 minutes
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
Attend 60% of program sessions
Present an anonymized case
Participate in group discussions
Provide feedback through evaluation activities
WHO'S RUNNING THESE SESSIONS?
Our program sessions are run by an inter-professional Hub Team from multiple health organizations across Ontario.
Please click on the toggle buttons below to see who will be facilitating these sessions.
These individuals make up our Hub Team:
- Dr. Allison Crawford (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Sanjeev Sockalingam (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Greg Lodenquai (Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Francesca Di Paola (Addictions Specialist)
- Dr. Javed Alloo (Family Physician)
- Anne Kirvan (Social Worker)
- Reena Besa (Librarian)
- Stephanie Wang (Service User Educator)