General Mental Health
ECHO Ontario Mental Health aims to help healthcare providers build capacity in the treatment and management of mental health and addictions.
The project works to empower healthcare providers to use evidence-based best practices to reduce the need for specialist visits,
improving the quality of care for patients seeking treatment for mental health, addiction, and related disorders in Ontario’s primary care settings.
Location: Zoom Videoconferencing
Time: 2:00PM to 4:00PM EST
Length: 20 Sessions (Fall 2023 – Spring 2024)
When: Tuesday Afternoons (Weekly)
Target Audience: Healthcare Providers
To view curriculum content, please click on the toggle button below.
- Case Formulation
- Collaborating in Care
- ACES & Trauma Informed Care
- Introduction to DBT
- Suicide Risk Assessment
- Assessment & Management of PTSD
- Assessment & Management of Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety Disorders & CBT Principles
- Personality Disorders: Cluster B
- Gambling & Technology
- Assessment & Management of Psychosis
- Eating Disorders
- TBD: Flex Session
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To be notified when our next Registration opens please sign up to our Mailing List below
If you have questions, click on the button below to contact us.
Welcome, Introduction, and Announcements – 15 minutes
Didactic Presentation – 30 minutes
Case Discussion – 60 minutes
Session Wrap-Up – 15 minutes
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
Attend 60% of program sessions
Present an anonymized case
Participate in group discussions
Provide feedback through evaluation activities
WHO'S RUNNING THESE SESSIONS?
Our program sessions are run by an inter-professional Hub Team from multiple health organizations across Ontario.
Please click on the toggle buttons below to see who will be facilitating these sessions.
These individuals make up our Hub Team:
- Dr. Allison Crawford (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Sanjeev Sockalingam (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Greg Lodenquai (Child & Adolescent Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Dr. Francesca Di Paola (Addictions Specialist)
- Dr. Javed Alloo (Family Physician)
- Dr. Monica Choi (Psychiatrist)
- Anne Kirvan (Social Worker)
- Reena Besa (Librarian)
- Stephanie Wang (Service User Educator)
- George James (Person of Lived Experience)