- It’s free. ECHO is fully funded by the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care.
- It’s virtual. All you need is a computer and a web cam, or a smartphone.
- It’s fun. Connect with a growing community of primary and community care providers (including physicians, nurse practitioners, social workers, and more) across the province and build a Community of Practice.
- Earn CME credits. ECHO has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the Ontario Chapter for up to 2.0 Mainpro+ credits per session.
- It works for you - and our system. ECHO represents a significant opportunity to improve individual knowledge and skills and also reduce disparities in the quality of care for rural and underserved areas.
** Please note that these curriculum topics and dates are subject to change.
|Session #||Presentation Topics|
|1||Examination and Assessment of Psychiatric Patients|
|2||H.O.P.E. and Its Role in Mental Health Care / Compassion Fatigue|
|4||Overview of Research Evidence for Primary Care Providers NEW|
|5||Suicide Risk Assessment for Children and Youth|
|6||Sleep: A Psychiatric Vital Sign|
|10||Collaborating Around Adherence to Medications|
|14||Assessment and Diagnosis of Anxiety Disorders|
|15||Management of Anxiety Disorders|
|16||Opioid Use Disorders|
|17||Gambling and Technology|
|20||Bipolar Disorder 1|
|21||Alcohol Use Disorder|
|22||Neurodevelopmental Disorders NEW|
|23||Bipolar Disorder 2|
|24||Screening for Dementia|
|26||Benzodiazepine Use Disorders|
|29||Perinatal Mental Health|
|31||Assessment and Management of ADHD|
|32||Introduction to CBT NEW|
|33||Assessment and Diagnosis of Personality Disorders: Focus on Cluster B|
|34||Introduction to DBT NEW|
|35||Accessing Resources NEW|
|36||Medical Marijuana: Current Guidance|
Each session consists of:
- Introductions and announcements
- 20-30 minute presentation on a given topic (e.g., Introduction to OCD).
- 90 minutes of case-based learning, where healthcare providers (Spokes) present de-identified cases to the Community of Practice and receive recommendations from both the specialist Hub team and other community partner Spokes. All teach, all learn.
Spoke Sites / Community Partners
Active participation in ECHO Ontario Mental Health includes:
- Attending a 45 minute orientation session prior to the start of this ECHO program.
- Attending weekly sessions to your best ability. Those who attend at least 60% of sessions in a given cycle will receive a Certificate of Completion at the conclusion of the cycle.
- Providing comments and asking questions (we encourage participation by multi-level teams when possible).
- Completing periodic surveys and other evaluation tools to help us improve our services to healthcare providers and other partners.
- Presenting anonymized case presentations.
- Provide clinical updates and de-identified outcome data on patients as needed.
Please email Sarah, our Research Analyst, at ECHO_OntarioMentalHealth@camh.ca !