Trans & Gender Diverse Healthcare
Are you supporting clients who have transition-related goals?
Do you want to connect with and learn from other healthcare providers who are also doing this work?
If so, please join this ECHO, which aims to provide a trans-affirming space for healthcare providers to learn from one another about medical transition, with a focus on providing clients with gender-affirming care.
Location: Zoom Videoconferencing
Time: 9:00AM to 10:30AM EST
Length: 16 Sessions
When: Thursday Mornings (Weekly)
Target Audience: Healthcare Providers
To view curriculum content, please click on the toggle button below.
Below is a list of curriculum topics that are often featured in this program.
- Introduction to Gender-Affirming Healthcare
- Increasing Provider Confidence in Diagnosing Gender Dysphoria
- Unique Considerations for Youth
- Feminizing Hormone Therapy
- OHIP-Funded Feminizing Surgeries
- Masculinizing Hormone Therapy
- OHIP-Funded Masculinizing Surgeries
- Providing Comprehensive Post-Operative Care and Support
- Working with Families of Trans Clients
- Trauma-Informed Care
- Hormones 2.0
- Affirming Trans, Gender Diverse, and Two-Spirit Identities
- Surgery 2.0
- Affirmative Psychotherapeutic Approaches
- Racialized Identities in Trans Healthcare
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Subscribe to our mailing list for program registration updates!
**Note: Registration for the next round of programs will open in August 2022.
If you have questions, click on the button below to contact us.
Welcome, Introduction, and Announcements – 10 minutes
Didactic Presentation – 30 minutes
Case Discussion – 45 minutes
Addressing Outstanding Questions and Session Wrap-Up – 5 minutes
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
Attend 60% of program sessions
Present an anonymized case
Participate in group discussions
Provide feedback through evaluation activities
WHO'S RUNNING THESE SESSIONS?
Our program sessions are run by an inter-professional Hub Team from multiple health organizations across Ontario.
Please click on the toggle buttons below to see who will be facilitating these sessions.
These individuals make up our TGDH Hub Team:
- June Lam (Psychiatrist)
- Carey Lawford (Social Worker)
- Natania Marcus (Psychologist)
- Jordan Goodridge (Family Physician)
- Rowen Kae Nyman (Community Member Educator)
- Nina Vitopoulos (Psychologist)
- Kate Greenaway (Family Physician)
- Benn Brisland (Social Worker)
- Laura Shepherd (Community Member Educator)
- Gordon McSheffrey (Physician)
- Terri Rodak (Librarian)