Integrated Mental and Physical Health
ECHO Ontario Integrated Mental and Physical Health aims to:
(1) Explore assessment and management of mental health conditions that are complicated by physical health concerns;
(2) Integrate information from clinical guidelines to effectively prioritize care issues;
(3) Discuss prescribing challenges and optimal medication management for patients with co-occurring mental and physical health conditions; and
(4) Assist patients who are experiencing functional impairment due to co-occurring mental and physical health concerns.
Location: Zoom Videoconferencing
Time: 12:00PM to 1:15PM EST
Length: 12 Sessions (Jan. 2023 – Mar. 2023)
When: Friday Afternoons (Weekly)
Target Audience: Healthcare Providers
To view curriculum content, please click on the toggle button below.
Below is a list of curriculum topics that are often featured this program.
- Management of Medically Unexplained Symptoms
- Case Formulation
- Using Attachment Theory to Inform Care
- Long Covid
- Managing Mental Health in Common GI Conditions
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Collaborating Around Treatment Planning
- Trauma Informed Approach to Chronic Pain Management
- Functional Neurological Disorders
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine
- Endocrine-Related Disorders and Mental Health Conditions
- Addictions and Adversity
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
Join our Mailing List for Registration Updates below.
If you have questions, click on the button below to contact us.
Check down below for registration details for the accredited foundational course
‘Bridging the Gap Between Mental & Physical Health’
Limited Time Offer!
More information can be found at: https://mp3c.dualcode.com
Welcome, Introduction, and Announcements – 5 minutes
Didactic Presentation – 20 minutes
Case Discussion – 40 minutes
Addressing Outstanding Questions and Session Wrap-Up – 10 minutes
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
Attend 60% of program sessions
Present an anonymized case
Participate in group discussions
Provide feedback through evaluation activities
WHO'S RUNNING THESE SESSIONS?
Our program sessions are run by an inter-professional Hub Team from multiple health organizations across Ontario.
Please click on the toggle buttons below to see who will be facilitating these sessions.
These individuals make up our IMPH Hub Team:
- Sanjeev Sockalingam (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Katie Sheehan (Psychiatrist/Co-Lead)
- Mark Bonta (Internist)
- Javed Alloo (Family Physician)
- Megha Vatsya (Occupational Therapist)
- Sonia Thomas (Pharmacist)
- Bonnie Nghiem (Pharmacist)
- Katie Langille (Nurse Practitioner)