Nurses need and deserve support in order to maintain quality of care and overall mental well-being.
ECHO Nurse Well-Being aims to promote resilience, provide skills and resources, and build a community of practice amongst these group of nurses across Ontario.
Connect with Nurses across Ontario to gain new skills, knowledge, and confidence in caring for yourself and your clients! It’s fun, offered at no cost, and all you need is a computer or a smartphone.
Location: Zoom Videoconferencing
Time: 3:30PM to 4:30PM EST
Length: 8 sessions weekly
(October – December 2023)
When: Wednesday Afternoons
Target Audience: Ontario-based Nurses
To view curriculum content, please click on the toggle button below.
Below is a list of curriculum topics for this module
- Professional identity in Nursing
- Interdisciplinary Team Functioning and Issues in Nursing
- Loss and Grief
- Moral Distress
- Nursing in Crisis
- Critical Look at Burnout
- Gendered/Racialized Experiences within the Nursing Profession
- Advocating for Change: A Systems Perspective Approach
Welcome, Introduction, and Announcements – 5 minutes
Didactic Presentation, Q+A – 20 minutes
Personal Experiences – 33 minutes
Session Wrap-Up – 2 minutes
WHAT'S THE COMMITMENT?
Participate in group discussions
Provide feedback through evaluation activities
WHO'S RUNNING THESE SESSIONS?
Our program sessions are run by an inter-professional Hub Team from multiple health organizations across Ontario.
Please click on the toggle buttons below to see who will be facilitating these sessions.
These individuals make up our NWB Hub Team:
- Linda Liu (Lead/Registered Nurse)
- Beverly Dias (Registered Nurse)
- Daidre-Ann Reece (Registered Nurse)
- Tenzin Namgyal (Registered Nurse)
- Alex Harris (Registered Nurse)
- Kathleen Sheehan (Psychiatrist)
- Suze Berkhout (Psychiatrist)
- Kevin Rodrigues (Bioethicist)